- Course: Dessert
- Cuisine: Jamaican
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
As the saying goes “just like fine wine I just keep getting better with age” For the perfect tasting Fruit Cake you must resist from eating it fresh. The best tasting fruit cakes are better when aged!
- Freshly baked Real Jamaican Fruit Cake Mix
- MATERIAL: Grease paper, premium saran wrap
- After your cake is baked and cooled, Pour, spray or brush some liquor (fruit wine, rum or brandy) of choice over hot cake for good flavor.
- Then wrap it in a layer of plastic wrap followed by grease paper, and then stick the entire thing in an airtight container.
- Store it in a cool, dry place like your pantry or cupboard. Your fruit cake can be aged for one to three months.
- Brush cake with liquor weekly to prevent your cake from going dry. Simply coat the cake evenly with fruit wine, brandy or rum. (not too much to make your cake soggy).
The alcohol preserves the cake!! Use a spray bottle or use a knife/ kebab stick to poke evenly-spaced holes into the cake,and then spray away. This will ensure the cake is evenly fed. Repeat this weekly.